Saturday, March 29, 2008

Are American White Men Afraid To Approach Black Women ?


I think we have all been on IR Blogs and seen the comment "why don't white men ever approach me ?" or "white men need to step up more." I would really like to examine what the problem is. Many times what happens is the discussion will be taken off course with conversations about white male privilege and all that white men will lose if they date or marry a Black Woman. Personally, I don't have the tolerance for that particular argument because all I can think of is let's discuss what he has to GAIN....that would be Joy Unspeakable. Also, the old favorite "white supremacy" comes into play where someone digs up their dead ancestors and beats everybody over the head with them. Therefore, we end up in these circular discussions that do little more than sharpen debating skills and that leads me to *Click* Next.

I think a lot of IR Bloggers have done an excellent job of dispelling the myth that white men are not attracted to black women. So, what's the problem ? Are white men afraid of us ? As one black woman put it, do we have to start "dropping it like it's hot" in front of white men at the grocery store ? Maybe start doing a little video-vixen diddy at the bookstore ? LOL...I'm not serious, but you get the point.

Frankly, I don't think it should be so hard or different than dating any other person. *You Quality Tarzan* *Me Quality Jane* let's go out on a date. Bam...end of story.

Some black women I've spoken to have given up on American white men and prefer dating European white men instead. The reasoning, European white men don't have all the "issues" related to America's history that often seems to be a barrier to American IR dating between BW & WM.

I honestly don't have the answer to the big question, but I at least wanted to open up the discussion for those who are encountering this problem while IR dating and for those who have not had this problem at all. Perhaps together we can learn from one another.


No comments:

Post a Comment