Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Note About "Black Bashing"

I do not "Black Bash" on this blog. But don't think for one minute I will censor my opinions about things that *I* feel we, as Black Women/People, can do better. If some want to consider asking Black folks to raise their expectations higher, "bashing," that is their definition of it...not mine.

I'm addressing this issue now as it came up in the comments of the fiction for BW post. To clarify for anyone that missed it, I don't think those books should be marketed to us as "AA romance novels." I never questioned the tastes of those who choose to read them. I would like for BW to have "normal" romantic stories that are free of drugs, violence, fighting over men, jail romances, etc.

This note is not intended to offend the Anon who made the comment; I just like to address misunderstandings and put them to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment