Monday, March 31, 2008

A Free Black Woman Has The Right To Choose

Free Black Women
From time to time, some people may drop by to tell us how "misguided" we are or try to "save us from our selves." I like to address things I "smell" coming before they get out of hand. Therefore, let me be clear: As FREE, intelligent BW, we individually know our own minds and have our own life experiences.


I encourage each BW who reads this blog to be confident in what you know is your truth and move forward with your goals, desires and plans for your life. It has always been my understanding that the BW Bloggers I respect (check my Blog Roll) have encouraged BW to do the same.


If you want to be open to ALL Quality men, that is your right. If you want to exclusively date Quality WM, that is your right. Whatever choice YOU make, it is your right. Whatever your decision, choose Quality above all else. Life is not a cake-walk if the person walking with you shares your same skin tone, so what the hell difference does it make if he doesn't ?


Let me also say that I don't think there is ANYTHING wrong with strategizing with other sistas about how to find the best Quality man to date/marry. In my opinion, smart women know that whom they decide to marry is one of the single most important decisions you make in life. Do not let anyone make you feel "ashamed" or "superficial" for this. The decision about who you marry is not just "getting a man," it is a decision that determines the kind of life you have. It's not getting somebody to warm your bed, it's your FUTURE and that of any children you may choose to have. Again, know your own mind and do not let others deter you from your own goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment