Monday, March 21, 2011

Florida: Days 1, 2 and 3

Vacation!

We're in Sarasota, Florida. I grew up here and it's where I always come back to. The weather is awesome, the beaches are beautiful, and the 'gators are snapping!

Day One: we arrive in Sarasota later than planned due to a broken airplane toilet. But we still got in at a decent hour and had some yummy sushi. My mom, dad, and sister were all eating with us, and one of my dearest friends, Marjory, came over to see Camille.

Camille was scared of my dad for some reason for a second!

Being cute on the floor.

"What? Is there something behind me?"

Day Two: we went to the beach in the morning (Longboat Key), and then we went to dinner afterward. I got to see a bunch of people who I haven't seen in for-EVER!

Getting ready for fun in the sun!

How many people does it take to put on a baby's bathing suit?

Jake and Camille lookin' sexy.

Terns.

Camille with her mad scientist sunglasses on.

Jake played with the settings on the camera and took about 100 pictures. I only posted a few here.

We had to sit her on a towel because every time she touched the sand, she'd start screaming. My baby is a mountain girl. :(

Bye-bye, beach! We'll be back!

Sitting all by herself in a booster seat at Philippi Creek Oyster Bar.

"Orly?"

I think she was pretty much done with having her picture taken by this point.

Day Three: we went to Myakka State Park in the morning with my dad. We saw lots of 'gators and went stomping around above the trees on the Canopy Walk trail! Then we went to Picobello, the baby store where my sister works, and got a bunch of cute stuff!

My dad and Jake and Camille.

No molesting of the snarly reptiles.

Fred the 'Gator.

We could practically walk right up to him, but we thought doing so might be unwise. We're not supposed to engage in 'gator molestation, after all.

This picture pretty much defines Florida away from the beaches.

Jake and Camille and Fred.

Me and Fred. Can you tell I'm extremely uncomfortable?!

Fred again.

Come cormorants and a heron or two.

Greater Myakka Lake.

We're going for a canopy walk.

OMG stairs.

"Strong wood! Look, lady! Strong bridge!"

He was getting ready to start to swing the bridge.

OMG more stairs.

WE'RE UP SO HIGH!

Me and Jake and Camille atop the tallest thing for miles.

OMG that was a lot of stairs.

Another 'gator. Not Fred.

We were standing on a bridge and this guy popped up right in front of us.  He was HUGE!

Picobello on Main Street.

Camille's new hairpiece.

Pigtails rule!

We're getting ready to go out to the beach for some family portraits and also Camille's 6-month photos. Fingers crossed that the weather stays nice, Camille is happy, and that the stinkin' tourists get out of muh damn way!

No comments:

Post a Comment