Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Why Such Hate for the Real Housewives of Atlanta ?




The level of hate and vitriol spewed by *some* “urban bloggers” for the Real Housewives of Atlanta is simply amazing to me. With lines like “from hos to housewives” and “gold diggers”..just WOW. I totally expected this behavior for the MSM (Main Stream Media) and they have not let me down. I know it galls some of them to no end to see Black Women with money living excessive lifestyles. There have been chants of no-class and Atlanta new money versus Atlanta old money; but in this economy, money is money. But back to “urban bloggers,”… Is it really necessary to try and dig up dirt on the Atlanta Housewives and do mini exposes? What exactly does this accomplish? Personally, if I wanted to review the show and felt that the women were acting uncouth or their emphasis on material things was irksome, I would stick to those points and leave the personal insults about their “weaves” or other trivial insults out of it. SMH

I did not watch the premiere last night because I’m simply not interested in the concept. However, I wonder if the other Real Housewives received the same level of venom for marrying well, spending lavishly or being materialistic from the MSM or *some* of the “urban bloggers”?
post signature



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment