Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lisa Bonet : Exhibit A to Starting Over

In our pro-Black Girl & IR circles, we talk a lot about encouraging young BW to explore all their options when looking to find a Quality man. However, I just want to point out that it's never too late for ALL BW to find a Quality mate and start a family. I realize that Lisa Bonet is not typical in that she is a celebrity. But what's important is the fact that she is 40 and by the look of these photos, happily beginning another new chapter in her life. My message is: it's not too late to have the life you want.  If you can't conceive your own bio-kids, there are always other options: adoption, surrogacy, marrying someone with children, fostering, mentoring, etc. What YOU decide to make of your life is in YOUR hands.

Bonet and her boyfriend of two years, actor Jason Momoa, have 14-month-old daughter Lola. The actress also has 19-year-old daughter Zoe Kravitz with rocker Lenny Kravitz.

Bonet, 40, has no plans to find out whether a son will be joining the two daughters.

"When my friends ask me, I say, 'I really don't know,'" she says. "I love the mystery and I trust the mystery about it. It adds a whole other component at the end."  Source


post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment