Thursday, May 8, 2008

This is NOT a Good Look or Message


I try to find as many positive things as I can about Black Women and highlight them here, but sometimes you have to deal with the negative as well. I did not know this particular "saying" even existed, but go to the "urban dictionary" and there it is. I have to seriously question anyone wearing Tshirts or displaying signs with this message. My disturbance has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with the message it sends about the perceived value of women and girls. It doesn't matter to me that the face is that of a WW and it's used in a "political way." The people who use this language know that they can't take out their "rage" on WW and live to tell. It is Black women and girls who suffer the brunt of this rage and the people who are suppose to care and protect us are M.I.A.


I spent some of my "news" time this morning reading the latest over at WAOD and then ran across this "slogan" on another site soon after. I'm at a complete loss this morning and I have NO patience at all with Black folks who continue to watch and support evil foolishness to the detriment of Black women and our girls. Maybe I should make up signs that say "Join in Everybody, throw a Black Woman or Girl Under the Bus......The BC does, sooooo...All Aboard."



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment