Friday, September 5, 2008

Hollywood Minute: HBO's "True Blood"

I have a major sci-fi fetish for Vampires. Needless to say, I was majorly looking forward to HBO's "True Blood" series based on the Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris.

I read this excerpt about the series in the New York Times and my stomach immediately started to roll:

Sookie, played with a clipped Holly Hunter twang by Anna Paquin, is perky, blond and psychic — she can read people’s thoughts. Sookie calls her gift a “disability,” one that has left her something of a recluse as well as a virgin. She lives with a dotty, doting grandmother, Adele (Lois Smith), and hangs out with her best friend, a feisty black woman named Tara (Rutina Wesley) who can’t hold her tongue, or a job, and is also something of a loner.

One of the more interesting and less stereotypical characters is Tara’s cousin Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis), a short-order cook at Merlotte’s by day, a gay hooker and drug dealer by night.
Uhmmm...maybe I'll just read the books instead and use my own imagination. *sigh*

Source


post signature



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment